View Single Post
Old 20 April 2018, 19:27   #30
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I'm talking about outright lies like mentioning Day Of The Tentacle or Rebel Assault on the cover of The One somewhere in 1995 or 96, stuff that never existed. Preview versions means they were once planned or existed in some form and as such DO earn themselves a place in HOL in my opinion.

Which dev for Megarace and where have they said that? Proper interested because I never saw such a thing.

What I am saying is, I wouldn't take the word of any magazine at this point on this kind of dubious title that never was or similar, I would only accept what the people behind the alleged project have to say. Of course magazines make shit up to sell more, but by the end of Amiga they were splitting hairs and going too far (sorry, I do think by 1993 the Amiga started to die, but I am mainly talking about what happened post 1994/95. Pretty sure Magic Carpet popped up in 1994 but not sure and can't be arsed to go look).

As for Magic Carpet, this should be removed from HOL, it has been demonstrated in this thread that it was a hoax. There's no question.
DOTT and RA were taking out of the mouth of David Pleasance i’m pretty sure of that, not stating they were a fact, more ‘oh they could be done on CD32’ and of course the mags getting a story out of nothing, same for Starblade and Alone in the dark i remember, David was in a couple of mags doing a column so he knew what readers might pick up on, so some hints here and there might help save the sinking ship without actually outright lying so to speak.

Without searching, Megarace is different to any of these ‘rumoured’ games Mindscape advertised it and it was preview in a few mags with CD32 screenshots talking to the devs, so yes its totally different to a mag just making something up about a game maybe coming out.

Btw Magic Carpet was in the 1993 CD32 AF CD brochure one of the first times i read about it.

But even in Commodores own produced ‘CD Gold’ they listed Magic Carpet among others that never appeared, so unless they got the news direct from the magazines, it may well have appeared on a schedule somewhere sometime?

Page generated in 0.07258 seconds with 11 queries