View Single Post
Old 20 April 2018, 19:12   #29
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
btw lots of mags made shit up by reviewing early versions as the complete version
I'm talking about outright lies like mentioning Day Of The Tentacle or Rebel Assault on the cover of The One somewhere in 1995 or 96, stuff that never existed. Preview versions means they were once planned or existed in some form and as such DO earn themselves a place in HOL in my opinion.

Quote:
one of the devs say it was near complete too so its not just mag talk there so its very different to the Magic Carpet situation.
Which dev for Megarace and where have they said that? Proper interested because I never saw such a thing.

What I am saying is, I wouldn't take the word of any magazine at this point on this kind of dubious title that never was or similar, I would only accept what the people behind the alleged project have to say. Of course magazines make shit up to sell more, but by the end of Amiga they were splitting hairs and going too far (sorry, I do think by 1993 the Amiga started to die, but I am mainly talking about what happened post 1994/95. Pretty sure Magic Carpet popped up in 1994 but not sure and can't be arsed to go look).

As for Magic Carpet, this should be removed from HOL, it has been demonstrated in this thread that it was a hoax. There's no question.

Page generated in 0.04363 seconds with 11 queries