View Single Post
Old 13 April 2018, 00:55   #13
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

@Damien
The last time I looked A1000/500/600s all could happily use OCS or ECS with 68020/030 CPUs, but not an AGA chipset. Why are you so quick to dismiss what the coder stated in the docs?? He said the game tested fine on an A3000 and they don't have AGA chipsets period.

If Aladin and you got it to work with an A600/ KS2 /68020 / 2MB chip config. under emulation, why on earth would we put AGA into the HOL entry if the game doesn't specifically support AGA enhancements (ala Donk or Pacman '96)??

The critical question that needs answering for the HOL entry is whether the ECS chipset is absolutely necessary for the graphics (as per Gloom Deluxe) or whether OCS is sufficient and needs to be used with more memory and/or 020+ (as per the red herring "AGA" version of Jungle Strike). Don't confuse higher memory or CPU requirements with ECS- or AGA-specific enhancements.

@All
I assume it's possible to test the game with an A500 config. utilising OCS, 020 and >1MB ram under emulation. I don't emulate, so can anyone test please? If that craps out, then replace OCS with ECS in the config. to see if that works.

Last edited by DrBong; 13 April 2018 at 01:04. Reason: Added links!

Page generated in 0.06868 seconds with 11 queries