View Single Post
Old 28 March 2018, 16:56   #73
Marlon_
AmigaDev.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
So because they made this board, they are now required to go to the hassle of manufacturing, selling and distributing them to anyone interested? And for how long? Eternity? Doesn't seem reasonable to me. Individual Computers also doesn't manufacture and sell the ACA630 any longer, and we cannot demand them to keep making them or release the gerber files for others to use.

If they wanted to they could have just made a few of those boards for themselves, but I am grateful that they actually did a larger run and allowed other people to get some as well. I am also grateful for when people do make their designs available, but I would never demand it unless it was some crowdfunded project where they promised to open source the finished product.

You're putting words in my mouth. I just think it's sad it's not shared. Especially since it's not their "original design" to begin with. Individual computers are still alive CBM is not. If there was a crowdfund campaign to release the gerbers of the pcb replicas, I would göadly pitch in.

Page generated in 0.08536 seconds with 11 queries