View Single Post
Old 08 March 2018, 14:59   #1
ProdigalAmigan

NComm 3.06/Term 4.28 ZModem Issues...

Hello fellow Amigans!

Once again I would like to ask for help in solving an issue I'm having.
I am currently using NComm 3.06/Term 4.28 with a WiModem232 to connect to BBSes over Telnet, and also doing testing having set up a BBS locally on my own LAN using Mystic BBS.

Everything works great aside from ZModem Uploading. When I try uploading a file from the Amiga 1200 using either the WiModem232, Telser.device and WLAN PCMCIA Card on Miami Deluxe TCP/IP Stack or even WinUAE with bsdsocket.library the transfer stalls and resends and eventually stops with NComm showing numerous transfer errors.

When using Term 4.28 however it works a LITTLE bit better. The upload starts, and then finishes (as long as the file is not too big), otherwise it either drops the connection to the BBS -or- it stalls out (without showing any errors).

Quite simply what I am wondering here is if there's a way to fix this to have file uploading using ZModem work reliably. I've read that SyncTerm on PC has a new ZModem implementation that is made to work well over TCP/IP, Telnet/WiFi link..... anyone know if something like this has been made for the Amiga/WinUAE yet?

//Prodigal Amigan.

Page generated in 0.04699 seconds with 11 queries