View Single Post
Old 17 February 2018, 23:22   #49
drluking

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
Like others said on the first page of the thread, I think there was a bad batch of 3.3V Mediators.
yes, I read about bad batch 3.3V mediators; mine taken from amigastore

Quote:
But for starters, post your ENV:Mediator variables, your showconfig and more system specs. Also your jumper configuration on Mediator Swap On/Off (this is probably the important one).
Warp3d = No
VoodooMen = 12
VoodooMenOS = No
VoodooInt = Yes and No // tested Yes and No, no differences
Buster = 11
FastEthernet = 0,3,4 //when inserted a RTL8139 PCI card tested these variables (because I have crash and freeze of TCP/IP stack (genesis) when used these PCI ethernet cards, while no problems if used an x-surf100 zorroIII ...)

jumper Master = CLOSED
jumper Winsize = OPEN
jumper Swapconfig = OPEN and CLOSED (tested with open and closed, no differences)

Quote:
You might also contact Elbox.
if not solved in next days, I'll contact Elbox and amigastore

Quote:
You could also try DTACK like CMSJ mentioned in the mediator guide.
ok, I'll try it

Quote:
It kind of sounds like what CMSJ was experiencing where his Mediator would disappear after a reboot. Check the early start menu on bootup to see if it disappeared there.
yes, I know about this problem, but It's no my case, in early amiga boot I see always the two references about mediator.
My problem is that I can use correctly mediator and Voodoo3 for minutes, but after sometimes I have a freeze complete or partial of the AmigaOS3.9 and sometimes after a normal reboot of the Amiga, pciinfo doesn't see anymore the Voodoo3 PCI card (so output in PAL mode), or sometimes after a complete freeze (and reboot needed) Amiga computer go in a full loop of reset ... and I need to poweroff it ... then after the poweron I dont' see anymore Voodoo3 PCI card.

Quote:
I have also noticed IDE drives can interfere with the Mediator being detected. If I use a large CF with the original scsi.device for instance, or using a CF+CDROM with the original scsi.device.
I'm using only a normal IDE/PATA HD of 80gb with scsi.device patched (device of AmigaOS3.9 boing bag 4 for A4000 desktop IDE)
I have no CD-ROM and no CF in this A4000

Page generated in 0.04337 seconds with 11 queries