View Single Post
Old 16 February 2018, 19:46   #11
Cyber Akuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
it's not "pre-installed" - the HDFs are empty, they are prepared in the way,
you insert/add them in the emulator and they work.
I see. How do you even create a blank HDF anyway? I tried and was not able to find much information on how to, I wouldn't want to have to rely on pre-made images of set sizes and formatting.

Regardless though, I would like to get directory mode working and figure out why it's not renaming the file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post
Wow, I just tried that in Windows 10. It didn't work, neither as a file or folder. I did not know that certain words were not allowed in Windows, I thought it was simply certain characters that couldn't be, like " < > \ * and so on. You learn something new every day!
Yeah, there are several filenames that are "reserved" since the DOS era hat you can't create:

http://kizu514.com/blog/forbidden-fi...on-windows-10/

I remember trying to access "c:\con\con" in the Windows98 days could cause a BSOD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Lots of misinformation here... Directory filesystem works just fine, you need to include reproducible test case! (Usually "problem" is unpacking outside of emulation. Don't do it!)

Second. This is just a stupid bug, "special" name handling was improved in 3.6.0 but for some reason I forgot to handle situation where special file name file was created, only when it already existed..

3.5.0 works fine, next beta will also fix it.
Oh wow, I wasn't expecting a reply from the author! Thank You for responding!

So it's just a bug in this version then? Confused how a friend claimed they were able to install it, but regardless, I can just wait for the next beta like you mentioned then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saghalie View Post
I followed the instructions from Lemon Amiga site with the url you provided
as much as possible since it's an old version of WinUAE that it is using.

I had no issues installing Workbench 3.1 - well I did have one problem that
the installer reported and it was that the disk was too small to copy FONTS to the system disk. But I was able to copy the fonts to the disk after the install completed.

My configuration was exactly like the Lemon Amiga with the exception that I used a QuickStart configuration and edited it to match Lemon Amiga.

The QuickStart I used was A1200 w/4mb fast RAM expanded.

The Host Configuration was:
Host\FullwindowD3D.uae

And my computer has Windows 10 Enterprise installed.
Huh, that's really confusing then, what am I doing wrong that is causing the renaming to fail when it's working for everyone else...

Page generated in 0.04430 seconds with 11 queries