View Single Post
Old 30 January 2018, 10:38   #38
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Hindsight blinds people alot, esp in things like prices of games, and in the case of the N64 was with its vomit enducing low res and blurry graphics, its only now when people use emulators with filters and high res modes people base their judgement that the N64 was like that on a CRT screen when it was far from the truth for many, i rate the N64 as one of Nintendos worst machines, sure it had Goldeneye, Waverace and Mario 64 but a handful of great games on a awful piece of backward thinking piece of hardware with £60-£70 games does not make a great games machine imo.
Yeah, I'm old enough to remember seeing Mario 64 on the real deal back in the day, and screenshots in magazines, and yes, the N64's graphics somehow looked awful and blurry, despite the 3D. I thought the PlayStation's graphics looked a lot cleaner, although the triangles were prone to "buckling" when close-up.

I don't like most consoles, having tried a PlayStation and finding the games too expensive, I remember spending ages looking for one that I would like in 1997, settled on Command and Conquer played with a controller, and that was after I'd played it on the PC - however, I wouldn't have minded a SNES, the graphics on that reminded me of a blend of Amiga OCS and AGA.

Page generated in 0.04321 seconds with 11 queries