View Single Post
Old 27 January 2018, 02:49   #1599
grelbfarlk

So since Cowcat didn't want his Rapture, I'm offering one up for free for someone who wants to do some development. Basically make a working executable and supply source for one of the following:
1) Sheepshaver (with sound and otherwise working+some way to transfer data), doesn't have to boot OSX, just Classic MacOS 8.6-9.1. Has to run native PPC version, not "emulating" the PPC as in running at 1/10th speed of a comparable PPC.
2) FPSE with sound+JIT+Joystick support and hopefully GL support (though that may be not reasonable to ask). Closed source and someone claimed this project.
3) Maybe other stuff

We'll supply our SDL libs and source and all of the backend stuff we have to help. Recommended you use Hedeon's MorphOS cross compiler as it's the most feature complete platform, but if you want to use classic WarpOS C++ or VBCC in UAE, hey that's up to you. Doesn't have to be 100% Altivec optimized, though that would be nice, but we'd really like it to still run on the Sonnet and maybe at least launch on the CSPPC even it doesn't run so great.

Anyway do one of the above and we'll ship a Rapture G4 with PMC adapter at no cost, other than possibly a large amount of your time.

This is limited to a quantity of just one for now, but another (or more) will probably be available, depending if anyone at all is interested.

Can't guarantee it will work in your system, because of the power requirements, but I'll test it for many hours beforehand.

If all this sounds totally unreasonable and stupid, yeah maybe it is, you don't have to participate.

Oh and since I forgot to say it, whatever software is produced is released for free to the community.

Last edited by grelbfarlk; 22 September 2018 at 19:29.

Page generated in 0.04342 seconds with 11 queries