View Single Post
Old 24 January 2018, 21:04   #120
AwoLStill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagLally View Post
I suppose the vendor could be asked before purchase.
Spot the differences:

CAUTION:
The following URLs are direct to .pdf files that appear ok, but the links on the homepage of that domain appear to redirect to an unrelated site, suggesting either that the site has been hacked, or my laptop has malware on it. I suspect the former. I will check this later and confirm, in the interim here are some details:

This appears to be the datasheet for AMS 1084.
http://www.advanced-monolithic.com/pdf/ds1084t1.pdf

"GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The AMS1084 series of adjustable and fixed voltage regulators are designed to provide 5A output current and to operate down
to 1V input-to-output differential. The dropout voltage of the device is guaranteed maximum 1.5V at maximum output current,
decreasing at lower load currents.
On-chip trimming adjusts the reference voltage to 1%. Current limit is also trimmed, minimizing the stress under overload
conditions on both the regulator and power source circuitry.
The AMS1084 devices are pin compatible with older three-terminal regulators and are offered in 3 lead TO-220 package, 3 and
2 lead TO-263 (Plastic DD) and TO-252 (D PAK) package."

This appears to be the datasheet for AMS 1117.
http://www.advanced-monolithic.com/pdf/ds1117.pdf

"The AMS1117 series of adjustable and fixed voltage regulators are designed to provide up to1A output current and to operate
down to 1V input-to-output differential. The dropout voltage of the device is guaranteed maximum 1.3V, decreasing at lower
load currents.
On-chip trimming adjusts the reference voltage to 1.5%. Current limit is set to minimize the stress under overload conditions
on both the regulator and power source circuitry.
The AMS1117 devices are pin compatible with other three-terminal SCSI regulators and are offered in the low profile surface
mount SOT-223 package, in the 8L SOIC package and in the TO-252 (DPAK) plastic package."

I have emailed them to report their webpage and asked if they have a U.K. based dealer, or a quote for some AMS 1084CD 3.3 1529 shipped direct.

Website was last updated in 2007.
I have no idea if they are still in business.
LinkedIn and Bloomberg seem to think so.

Page generated in 0.07324 seconds with 11 queries