View Single Post
Old 21 January 2018, 15:37   #56
Drag0nFly

Back from hibernation.

I did some more testing - although much remains. Basically, after @Akira's suggestions I;

- re-did the WHDLoad install, replaced every slave, did sfs-checks on all volumes - without errors.

- verified with an original disk-image that the red-herring 'MaxTransfer' value was set correctly from the start, so that is not the culprit. (Sorry for any confusion earlier.)

- compared the same setup on FS-UAE (identical disk image, created with dd) and none of the crashes appear. I.e, the disk is not at fault as the exact same files are being used to launch via the UAE emulator. Then again, all the relevant files which could potentially have been corrupted were replaced with new slaves & old slaves overwritten (and crc-checked with lha when unpacking)

- Tried a few slaves with the v5.0 beta rc6 version of JST (thanks @jotd). Seems to behave similarly to whdload 18.3/.2.1 + the 17.x versions I tried earlier - but too early to tell. Also notice there is a v6.0 version from Dec 27th which I am eager to try also.
btw @jotd - is there a quitkey that can be used with JST? I normally use the middle mousebutton in WHDLoad for this as the keyboard is not nearby

- Grabbed a few pictures of (some) of the crashes which are occurring, if they are of any help. Again, I've yet to see one happening in FS-UAE, but will supply that as well if it occurs. I even got a yellow guru meditiation / recoverable alert (first I've seen of those) which occurred after exiting whdload and clicking on a folder in Workbench (solved via reboot)

Bottom line is that I think this is either the ACA1233n 030/40 128mb accelerator, either the card itself or an incompatibilty with my rev. 1d4 mainboard (which was thoroughly checked, recapped, cia/lisa/paula chips replaced and timing fixes performed, et al. by a knowlegeable person on Amibay)

However, due to this I am now looking for a second A1200 motherboard, revision 1a or 1d1 (based on feedback from others). I'll also do some tests with a Typhoon 1230 MkII 42Mhz/32Mb/scsi card (which I did not use due to non-disableable scsi causing timeouts on boot)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9331.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	343.3 KB
ID:	56336   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9332.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	56337   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9333.jpg
Views:	155