Thread: H&P is back
View Single Post
Old 09 September 2003, 14:21   #38
I don't want to hurt your feelings so I made it clear for me it is a topic to help you understand how the ripping-off thing can happen at any company and with anyone dealing with a foreign country.
You've written about why not going to court etc. I've explained why in detail.
A freelancer is a person who does work for different companies, does not have an exclusive contract working for with just one company, in other words contractual work that is the norm in publishing. It has nothing to do with working for free... unless ripped-off.
No, EU ("civilized world" rotfl) is not as good as you think as of yet.
Someday hopefully it will be, but it could be decades still.
We are at the period the US was more than a hundred years ago about creating a federal system with common rights, common laws, common money, common military, common policy etc.
At the moment you'd be in really deep shit - ok you are very rich so maybe not, but others will be - if you had a court case about a publishing deal busted not in your country, Greece.
All cases mentioned btw are people dealing with a company not in their own country)
Sure you have the rights, but without big money your rights exist only on paper, period. It is more than likely you won't be able to fight for them (minus you rich folks). While setting up a page about what happened may look in a world where money is not of concern and developers are expected to give away their work for free so others can sell them without paying the authors... unprofessional, it is the only thing Bernie and other can do. Rest assured they've tried everything within their budget to resolve the matters before going to public - the last thing that dies is hope. When they were sure all their money was lost they made aware the people about what the company does - so don't blame them to have the right for at least to let the world now what happened; a world that may be still buying the product in good faith thinking the money goes to the right hands.

Last edited by IFW; 09 September 2003 at 14:27.
Page generated in 0.07120 seconds with 9 queries