View Single Post
Old 18 January 2018, 08:19   #50
LaBodilsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by britelite View Post
Alright, had some spare time to tinker with the rendering again, and now the stream runs at a nice steady 25fps (around 1.6-1.9 frames).
i'm lost for words.. this is simply amazing.

Quote:
The rendering is now done horizontally, with the previously added double pixel blitter pass modified to also rotate the buffer back 90 degrees.
So you get the 90 degrees rotation almost for free, as you have to perform that blitter pass anyway to sort out upper and lower pixels?

Quote:
There's still room for improvement in the wall rendering (for example, the code slices could be modified to draw longwords where possible).
Would that really help?.. as the A500 memorybus is 16bit, if you write a longword, it would still take as many cycles as writing 2 words? i think any improvement would be minimal.

Quote:
But I think the next would be to make the raycasting real time for interactivity, although this will probably not be happening any time soon
Maybe someone else can contribute to this. would you mind if anyone used the wall render for their own project, as long as proper credits are given?

If we could make a kinda framework for a game engine, then maybe others would love to create a game (or port) with that.

Quote:
The usual preview is available here
So cool, something to play with over the weekend. and maybe combine it with the raycaster i'm currently trying to create.

Page generated in 0.06611 seconds with 11 queries