View Single Post
Old 06 January 2018, 23:51   #1049
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
12% hydrogen-peroxide is used on hair, and hence the scalp (skin) regularly. Over exposure bleaches the skin, and causes itching. 30-35% stuff wont eat your skin for lunch, and then try and melt the fat tissue under to sludge.

Again. I REALLY suggest that people are careful, i mean, there is a reason the hairdresser puts a rubber cap on the head of someone getting 12% strength peroxide in the hair, and uses latex gloves, but getting it on you will cause a minor issue, a annoyance, not major harm.
[...]
12% hydrogen peroxide isn't going to hurt you, it will just teach you to use safetygear the next time. Use a moisturizing cream if you screw up badly, no reason to be scared.
Ok, I should have phrased that better.

It won’t harm you in most cases but safety is not a matter of handling most cases but of making sure the worst cases are handled.

Even 12% peroxide has the potential to hurt you if you have open scratches on your skin or if you get some in your eyes, especially if it is heated at 60C. The burn of the heat plus the peroxide is a nasty combination.

Regardless of what the actual exact damages can be the message I want to convey is “wear goggles, wear gloves and be careful and prepared” and we seem to agree on this one.

Page generated in 0.04475 seconds with 10 queries