View Single Post
Old 12 December 2017, 17:09   #14
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggy4eva View Post
I know it's possible because of so many other "tips of the iceberg" we have seen in other Amiga demo's and games. And also the fact Wolf is on inferior machines to the Amiga proves it is possible on Amiga
It has been told to you time and time again that just because a vaguely similar "wall routine" appears on a demo doesn't mean a game like Wolfenstein 3D is possible. It's not "the tip of the iceberg".
You have been told before that you overstate Amiga capabilities.
You have actually been banned from EAB for forcefully pushing this very same discussion in the past. It'll probably only be a matter of time before you revert to namecalling again, because that's how a brat acts when they don't get the thing they demand. I say brat because it's how you've been acting throughout your very short history at EAB. If that bothers you, perhaps you should change your ways. Although it seems to me like the ban had not helped you think things clearly.

This very paragraph:
Quote:
Compared to Atari version - copper and blitter. Copper to assist c2p and change palettes for more colours on screen, and perform mode 7 "like" (I know mode 7 is SNES) operations to appear like texture mapping and cheat in some areas and save CPU. Blitter to help shift data around the screen, scale the sprites, and one idea I have is in first-person when the player stands still and turns around with the side cursor keys instead of doing 3d the blitter can just scroll the image in silky-smooth 50fps. With some smart code we could detect whenever the player is just turning or when some object is only moving sideways, and scroll it directly in planar instead of rendering in 3d in chunky and then converting.
shows exactly how little idea of how an Amiga works you have and why this kind of thread goes nowhere and just annoys developers. You again repeat your "mode 7" nonsense you talked about before.

You got this thread closed before, now you are just reopening it:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=84620&page=5
Anyone reading from that page on who doesn't already know from this threa how far off the target you are can get a clue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggy4eva
the Wildcat demo is a Wolf 3d engine running at silky 60fps frame rate on A500
LOLOLOLOL
You've been derailing threads on the coders forum to everyone's detriment, like this one:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...01#post1200901

Nobody here or anywhere is going to do any of this for you. If you are SO SURE you should be able to accomplish it. And if you cannot do it yourself even partly, then stop trying to make others do it. You could at the very least study how the Amiga actually works but you do not.

Quote:
do you hate the Amiga fans that much?? That should be who you live for if you are an Amiga programmer, isn't it? I do not understand this
Of course you don't understand this Nobody hates Amiga enthusiasts, but almost everyone dislikes driveling fanboys though.

Your thread lacks any sort of substance that would assert any of your "goals".

Let's help you out here a bit: look at Master484's threads here, he proposes an idea and works for it by LEARNING what an Amiga can or cannot do and MAKING a proof of concept prototype showing some of his ideas.
Maybe you can take a hint and learn a thing or two from him.
I doubt you will, and you will probably just keep blabbering.

Page generated in 0.07163 seconds with 11 queries