Thread: UHC Tools
View Single Post
Old 04 December 2017, 20:15   #29
patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
I only tried the aminet search and get functions so far, but I will try to test the other functions as well, including readme and extract.
There is a complete list of commands, each with a small description on http://driar.se/uhc/. Plus there is also the help command with more detailed help files for most of the commands.

Quote:
Since I keep a local Aminet mirror as well, I should also try to see if I can set it up to download from that one.
Should work fine as long as the directory structure is the same as a normal mirror.

Quote:
Btw, I have also been using the Synergy client a bit and it more or less just worked. The only minor issue I have found is that my PC mouse is reporting very rapidly, so when I move a Window in WB it is very slow on the Amiga side since it is updating the GUI for every mouse event. I think my mouse is reporting at 1000 Hz to Windows, but the question is whether the server updates the mouse for every single hardware event or which frequency it uses. I have not found any setting in the server to change this. Apart from this, it is a great tool to have.
Normally the mouse moves fine with SynergyClient unless the cpu load is high, so I think you are correct. 1000Hz mouse updates through the synergy server will be like a minor DDOS attack of the Amiga . I guess the 1000Hz is for gaming?

One idea to lessen the load from the SynergyClient side would be to not send a new mouse position event to input.device if the position haven't been updated since the previous one. However, it would be much more optimal if the server filtered out such unecessary events already as the client would still have to handle all the unecessary traffic.

If you set LOGLEVEL to 6, you can see if you are receiving mouse events with identical positions. However, in this mode, do not drag a window. When you grab a window, intuition will most likely block all shell output, including the debug output from SynergyClient, effectively stopping it from doing any more processing. In that case, use a real mouse to move the window and free SynergyClient from the block.

Last edited by patrik; 04 December 2017 at 20:37.

Page generated in 0.04447 seconds with 11 queries