View Single Post
Old 24 November 2017, 13:17   #26
StarEye
Zone Friend

Slamtilt is the obvious choice, and certainly on par or better than the Digital Illusion games. But Dreams/Fantasies/Illusions will always have a special place in my heart because of the memories. Dreams - I remember skipping class unintentionally with a friend of mine who lived very close to school. We were just going to play a little during recess (though we weren't supposed to leave the school area either), but we forgot the time very quickly.

Fantasies - for some reason, my KS1.3 A500 just wouldn't play this. Sure, it was a cracked version, but every other game worked (cracked or original), and all my friends' Amigas could run it. Eventually when I got my A1200, I got the AGA version and that worked fine.

Illusions - one of a very few original Amiga games I could afford, and only because by then I didn't live with my parents anymore, and I had my own (very low) income. Still have this, and will cherish it forever. Only disappointed it didn't have four tables like the others, but all three tables were great fun. It's a shame the Vikings table didn't make it to the Amiga version.

Then Pinball Mania came out... Commodore really picked the wrong developers/games to bundle with the A1200. Worse looking than Pinball Dreams (which looks great, and is a non-AGA game) and horrible horrible physics.

But yes, Slamtilt it by far the best non-Digital Illusions pinball game and well deserving a place in the fab four of Amiga pinball games.

Page generated in 0.04402 seconds with 11 queries