View Single Post
Old 08 September 2001, 13:53   #4
oldpx

:haha LOL :haha twistin'
you can be sure that I will find a way to share them with other amigans as soon as I solve these problems.

I think the idea behind tosec is ok but practically it is painful rather than helpful for amiga users. It can be a suitable system for consoles but not amiga disks since disks are subject to modification by anyone and console and arcade cartridges are not. Many of my disks have intros of -local- crack teams in them that may be the reason of the recognization problem as well.

that means many of my ADFs will never be compatible with tosec so I am not renaming them for tosec standards but use the following format

"Game Name - 1 of 3.adf"

I have my reasons:

-Long file names look UGLY :kill

-As the file name gets longer, it gets less funnier. You find yourself organizing the disk names rather than playing with them.

-There are still many missing titles in tosec and some of the ones available have errors in their names.

There should have been a way to hide information like the company name the name of the team etc. in a different location than the actual file name. maybe witihn the properties window of the page. It would be much professional. Maybe such an application can be written.

@s4murai

thanks for mentioning disksalv I'l try it now. + I have the latest dats.

Page generated in 0.04374 seconds with 11 queries