View Single Post
Old 12 November 2017, 19:10   #58
Megol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master484 View Post
For the Amiga, no. Expect those small Blitz demos that I've made.

Maybe it would indeed be better to do smaller games that could be finished in a month or two, but that just wouldn't be so exciting as the bigger projects.
But the thing is doing smaller games would actually be training and writing code for bigger projects!
Making n smaller projects where each solves m problems with the big ones means the big projects move forward too.

Quote:
I like to play around with these theoretical game projects, and make small demos of them, although it's unlikely that I'll ever actually complete any of them. But I have learned a lot through them, and so little by little the chances that I actually might finish something get bigger.

The Megaman X project went well until I ran into the limitations of Blitz Basic. Street Fighter 2 is still a work in progress, and completely possible with Blitz, and so I haven't abandoned it yet. Metal Slug too would be theoretically possible with Blitz, thanks to it's simple one way scrolling levels, and this is why I have posted so much in this thread.
Well it may be true if you only want to scroll the level without any action going on.

But why not try doing just that? Could be cool in its own way even if it doesn't result in a port. And it could be used for other projects too.

Quote:
True, and also it's interesting to note that Playstation 1 has roughly the same amount of RAM than the A1200, and so the longplay videos of the PS1 version might give some idea on how often new stuff would need to loaded.
Perhaps. It depends on how things have to be stored.

Page generated in 0.04456 seconds with 11 queries