View Single Post
Old 24 September 2017, 16:42   #2
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Game Speed
We are playing using a hacked version of the game which runs at 16fps. This means its even more unplayable on an A500/600 than before, but if anyone really needs a stock 8fps version for their machine, just PM me with what you need (ADF, WHD, EXE).

68000 - This is going to be slow, see above.
68020 - Press ALT+D twice to turn graphic detail down to low.
68030 - The game speed is good at full detail.
68040/60 - The game is noticeably smoother at full detail.

Note: This is a hack of the PAL game, the NTSC machines can run the Grand Prix races at 20FPS, while in PAL land we only get 16FPS. I guess with NTSC and 20FPS this would be the ultra experience.

Scoring
For F1GP, you dont have to convert your times into who seconds like usual. The game will give the option to view the race times at the end of each race. You MUST at least complete the race distance and be on the same lap for your time to count. The first place position will be listed, e.g. 10:15.738. The second place might be +00:02.847, so if you arrived in second, your score would be 1018585. This makes it a lot easier, as we can see your total time was 10mins 18secs at a glance of the score. If the winners time and your time are not on the same screen, you can take an image of the winning time, and a separate image showing your time.

Your total would be the combined time from both circuits:

Silverstone: xx:xx.xxx
Suzuka: xx:xx.xxx
--------
Total: xxxxxxxxx

Note: This is the F1 2002 Championship, as I could not find the datafile for the 1988-1993 seasons, and the 1994 datafile was without Senna. Hopefully this is ok as a compromise, as we get to BE Senna. No fancy wheel assist dots or anything, just the dotted line is there to help you.

Cutting:
Please do not cut the track in order to have the fastest times. If you fall over the final chicane in Suzuka by mistake, thats ok, as you slowed down but missed the turn - but cutting Silverstone or Suzuka is not sporting and not in the spirit of the compo. I choose cuttable courses because they are fun to drive, but I dont want to regret that by folks cutting.

TIPS:
- Practice F1GP to get to know the tracks, using free practice mode.
- Qualify 1st and it makes the game very easy until back markers.

Last edited by lifeschool; 24 September 2017 at 18:34.

Page generated in 0.05817 seconds with 11 queries