View Single Post
Old 25 August 2003, 12:33   #1
Tim Janssen

Themepark Mystery - how to play?

I know this thread has been posted before, but I cannot found it anymore. It was about how to play Mirrorsoft's Themepark Mystery. I really want to explore this game further since I have typed over the review text of this game from Zzap magazine:

Eighteen pages of informative text set the scene for this imaginative arcade adventure, reminding readers of the medieval origins of carnivals. Many of the various sideshows have mystical aspects, something which films from Big to Something Wicked This Way Comes exploit. Now you've inherited one such entertainment palace, but don't celebrate yet. You were bequeathed it by a mad grandfather and for the sake of both your sanity, and future profits, you must face up to the spirits that haunt it. In fact, there are eight demons to be found.
The game begins with you at a monorail station in Yesterday Land where there are three machines from the early 1900s. A fortune telling machine, a bagatelle and a grabber must be exploited to provide a train ticket.

Once you have a ticket you can board a train for the three other lands, or games. These must be completed in order, so first you must get off at Dragon Land. This is a platform arcade/adventure where you're transformed into a barbarian who must battle stone apes, ghosts and pigeons! Collecting a dream potion will allow you to go to Dream Land, but there's also five cogs to fix the dragon ride – taking you to four variations on the Dragon Land theme.

Dream Land is a multi-directionally scrolling overhead-view arcade adventure. You start off on a chess board with various pieces dotted around. Bumping into them reveals boxes which can be opened by keys. Inside there are such things as oil cans (to use on deadly eyeballs!), ladders (to cross gaps) and the demons you need to collect to finish the level. As well as lethal eyeballs, lips and beetles, there's a snowfield to cross, complete with snowball-throwing snowmen.

The next level is Future Land, a first-person perspective view of a ride up (and down!) a futuristic rollercoaster. You defend yourself with a laser-armed grabber which can collect demons and the debris of destroyed ships.

Zzap, Issue 63, July 1990, p.81

I am very interested to explore this game. Can anyone help?

Page generated in 0.04688 seconds with 11 queries