View Single Post
Old 22 September 2017, 13:55   #481
Keir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dic_Ray View Post
I'm really impressed by your effort to create an open source firmware for the Gotek floppy emulator. But I'm concerned about Jeffs intellectual property.

AFAIK has Jeff created the HFEv3 format. So is it safe for you and the community to offer support for it in your newest firmware? For sure Jeff spend a lot of time, work and money to develop HcX.

I hope he wouldn't stop it, because your free firmware make his one for the Gotek obsolete. What do you think about that?
Regarding the HxC project, aside from the firmware the project is open source (GPL) and, furthermore, key protocols and data formats are published in freely-available PDF specification documents. To my mind that invites compatible works, expanding the open-source HxC-compatible ecosystem.

Personally I separate that work from the commercial HxC firmware. This has had a fairly clear run the past few years (aside from Cortex on Amiga, and the original Gotek firmware for IBM/PC), now it has further competition. That's how the world turns.

Page generated in 0.04658 seconds with 10 queries