View Single Post
Old 18 September 2017, 14:51   #36
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrz View Post
well I'm not tested my self this on a real Amiga because my A1200 haven't a high density floppy drive but Wepl says it works, and you know,Wepl is a master
Wepl knows what he is doing, but you didn't understood what he said.

I have a high density floppy drive on my own A1200. I can try all i want to write back a disk image of turrican II with it, it will never work.

Explanation : A floppy drive never defines what you can write. It's the floppy controller, and paula (the amiga floppy controller) maximum track length write is $3200. Since turrican II tracks are $3500 in length, paula chops $300 chuncks of data each time it tries to write the tracks on a fresh disk.

Quote:
its not variable. the controller (paula) is the same and can only write one speed. the hd drives on amiga switch to half rpm (150) when hd disk is inserted.
I have a 1.76mb HD drive and this doesn't work.

Quote:
you can write long tracks back on a hd disk in a hd floppy, but you cannot use this disk in a dd floppy afterwards.
I have tried long before you came on this board to write such games back on disks, and this doesn't work, plain and simple.

Quote:
some games will work, i remember turrican2 works written back this way.
If it was true, most of us would know it, and the trick would be available since a long time now.

But this doesn't work.

Page generated in 0.06552 seconds with 9 queries