View Single Post
Old 18 September 2017, 15:51   #36
CaptainM68K-SPS France
Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Originally Posted by Mrz View Post
well I'm not tested my self this on a real Amiga because my A1200 haven't a high density floppy drive but Wepl says it works, and you know,Wepl is a master
Wepl knows what he is doing, but you didn't understood what he said.

I have a high density floppy drive on my own A1200. I can try all i want to write back a disk image of turrican II with it, it will never work.

Explanation : A floppy drive never defines what you can write. It's the floppy controller, and paula (the amiga floppy controller) maximum track length write is $3200. Since turrican II tracks are $3500 in length, paula chops $300 chuncks of data each time it tries to write the tracks on a fresh disk.

its not variable. the controller (paula) is the same and can only write one speed. the hd drives on amiga switch to half rpm (150) when hd disk is inserted.
I have a 1.76mb HD drive and this doesn't work.

you can write long tracks back on a hd disk in a hd floppy, but you cannot use this disk in a dd floppy afterwards.
I have tried long before you came on this board to write such games back on disks, and this doesn't work, plain and simple.

some games will work, i remember turrican2 works written back this way.
If it was true, most of us would know it, and the trick would be available since a long time now.

But this doesn't work.
Page generated in 0.13105 seconds with 9 queries