View Single Post
Old 10 September 2017, 01:24   #14
motosega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Try inserting one Amiga into the mix first, or 1 tt+ 1 A500. Mix it up!
i'll either get a 4 channel mixer, or another 2 channel battle mixer and set them up next to each other. i like using doubles (same track on both decks) for beat juggling and effects like echoing(play one deck slightly behind the other turn the volume down on that deck, instant echo!) flanging(just play the two decks at exactly the same time, you can adjust the flange effect on turntables by touching the sticker, on pt1210, you could just nudge the pitch bend.)

most places i play aren't the traditional clubs with tiny booths, i normaly get a big table all to myself.

Quote:
1MB is plenty for a lot of modules, only the more modern ones would require you having 2MB of RAM! I can count with the fingers of my hands how many tunes are over 1000KB. Probably some of h0ffman's latest are most of them. Everything oldschool, like from the 90s, will probably happily fit on a 1MB machine.
i'm quite into the modern stuff though..

Quote:
If a 1MB setup leaves you with 880KB of free RAM, that's a whole diskette! Not many tunes would have filled up that much space back then.
It makes sense, PT-1210's executable is less than 200KB if I am not wrong.

i turns out i was wrong about how much free ram.

testing pt1210 with fs-uae with kb1.3 i get:

512k chip ram = 185k free

512k chip + 512k slow = 350k free

1mb chip ram = 697k free

1mb chip + 512k slow = 862k free
1mb chip + 1mb slow =862k free
1mb chip + 1.5mb slow = 862k free

it looks like it does indeed relocate into slow ram!

Page generated in 0.04733 seconds with 11 queries