View Single Post
Old 01 September 2017, 19:41   #8
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro1234 View Post
This is some great info
So I should be able to use any of these keyboards ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&...sl_o96xn1vn9_e) with WinUae?

Can you recommend a keyboard?
Yes, you can use any of those with WinUAE, but as for your second question, from what I said before, I cannot recommend any of them to use with WinUAE, as this is laggy, latency is way high (ie the time fthat passes from you pressing a key and the computer reacting to that command, is noticeable).

As a general recommendation, I'd need to know what you want to do with it and also what kind of level of dexterity you have with keyboards. Some people just want a tiny one for messing about, others like me need a full size keyboard with at least 88 keys.

If you are just faffing about maybe start with a tiny one like the MPK Mini from Akai, and there's an Alesis one for 48 quid which can't be that bad.
But have in mind that if you want to use it as INPUT for your tracker, your tracker will probably ONLY recognize MIDI notes. The controllers, knobs, pitch bend, etc, will be ignored. Trackers do not take Control Change input and map it to effects or anything (that would be a neat feature, though). So, it is very, very basic, but if you want to input notes with real keyboard keys instead of a computer keyboard, this is a good option.

By the way, none of these have a sound engine inside, they are just controllers, so if you wanna get a keyboard that you control from the Amiga to make music with it, you need a proper synthesizer. But then you need to use exclusively OctaMED or a more hefty MIDI package like Music-X, Bars & Pipes or other.

Page generated in 0.05364 seconds with 11 queries