View Single Post
Old 17 August 2017, 15:30   #6
hyperlogos

I removed my hack successfully, and reflowed the solder on the component I took power from, so that's done.

The 12MB card isn't an SRAM card, it's a flash card.

Miami successfully DHCP'd to my server, but I'm using AmiTCP now. I can FTP to my server and I'm getting tolerable xfer speeds with the included ncftp-1.5.6. I'm not using Miami because of memory; I'm going to need a memory expansion before I can actually do anything with this machine. But I wanted to iron out the details of making it function before I spent actual money on a machine that's been sitting in storage for years. I should test the DSS8+ too, having a sampler is mandatory for my intended use. I am actually connected to a WDS access point, which means I effectively have WiFi

The Sandisk adaptor I have is indeed 16-bit, I own only one cardbus PC card these days and it's a non-prism NIC, as far as I know, so I'm not going to bother to try to slot it into my A1200.

I will test a 512MB Sandisk card in my sandisk adaptor.

The Sandisk 128MB flash+WiFi card is actually a prism2 IIRC, but driver support has always been a bit wonky there. Somehow it manages to be both things at once on a single card slot, either PCMCIA or CF, on supported platforms. That includes Windows and WinCE, and these days also Linux. It worked great on my iPaq H2215, but I don't have that any more.

My plan for the 4GB CF cards I hope I have coming is to use one of them inside the Amiga with a CF to ATA adapter. I have a 44 to 40 pin adapter coming on a slow boat from china, and when it gets here I'm going to go to internal CF and an internal LS120 as well if I can't get df0: working. I tried cleaning it, that wasn't enough.

I suppose I should also test my other card, the 3c589d, and report back on that.

I wonder if I had corrosion on one or more card slot pins which was just finally cleared by all the re-insertions, because I've been trying this for a while now and I'm pretty sure I did it right before, at least the Miami stuff. And I did try both cardpatch and cardreset before, too. I tried the mod because those things weren't solving my problem.

Page generated in 0.04885 seconds with 11 queries