View Single Post
Old 19 August 2003, 01:47   #1
Djay
breakpointUK.com

Send a message via MSN to Djay
State of the Scene

Hmmm... where do i start... ok lets start at the begining (well at least my begining)

go back at least 3 years (could be 4)...
i am trawling the net trying to find amiga adfs, having just managed to get WinUAE 08.08.R8 working (the latest version)..
i stumble upon UAE linkpage.. wowww, loads of up-to-date sites, with tonnes of downloads (le chucks, Ninja AGA, BTTR, etc etc etc)...

- i'm back in the Amiga scene -

forward a year or so, i decide to do my first website www.top.ukgamers.net, get myself on TAGs ( RCK ) first place a few times, then UAE changes to AmigaMos... add my homepage to AmigaMos

i find EAB...

woww, the Amiga scene is cool, so many sites, so many downloads, loads of action on EAB, loads of visits to my site, loads of emails received, i swear the Amiga emu/real scene is growing right before my very eyes...

forward a year or so...

www.top.ukgamers.net gets kicked, probably the ks roms and copyrighted games... oh well nevermind, time to open www.amiga.ukhq.co.uk, EAB is great, loads of really cool people... loads of bitchin' n' flamin' ( )...

tosec arrives... OOOOOOOOOO MAN, look at all the games, my 56k modem nearly dies of over-heating... the Amiga scene is rocking...

i get broadband... every Amiga game i've ever dreamed off is sitting on my HD

forward to now... lots of good Amiga sites die off, AmigaMos... lots of sites fail to get updated (even my own ), BTTR once in a blue moon (but i understand), EAB still full of cool people...

... at the moment the Amiga scene is EAB (well, at least for me), i browse the web looking for sites that are buzzin' , none are found...

... i think the Amiga (emu) scene is at an all time low (except CAPS, WinUAE, EAB, HOL and a few others)...

i want a top sites linkpage again (like AmigaMos/TAGS), i know you'll probably not agree and say that Tosec makes it all available and there isn't space for download sites... but i want it, i want all of you to breathe new life into the Amiga scene...

... if you have the time do it, if you're new and you haven't done a website before just ask us, EAB members know their shit...

thoughts?
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.09500 seconds with 9 queries