View Single Post
Old 21 July 2017, 02:56   #7
PeterK

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoopster View Post
... using ClassicWB ADVSP ... I was having trouble running various WHDLoad games with my modified setup (latest newicon.library).

When Workbench loaded I got a newicons "newicons missing or obsolete library" error (as the original newicon.library was not in place). The WHDLOAD games all worked.

So I put a line in the WBBoot-Sequence to copy newicon.library.orig to newicon.library to get new icons working in Workbench. But then the WHDLoad games stopped working again.

I commented out the copy command and games started working again. Is it possible that newicon.library is causing compatibility issues?
Sorry John, but you have probably confused the ClassicWB ADVSP option handling procedures by copying the "latest" newicon.library into Libs:. Unfortunately, I've removed ADVSP already from my system several years ago. But from what I can still remember, you can not just copy any newer libraries into Libs:, because ClassicWB has some special directories where it keeps track of enabled and disabled options. As soon as you enable an option from the WB-menu, it will first copy the current files and libraries into a backup directory and then replaces them with the files and libraries required for that option. When you disable this option later it will restore the backup files and libraries again. You can simply destroy this concept by copying libraries directly into Libs:.

As long as the NewIcons patch is in use it will require an original newicon.library from NewIcons46.lha. But if you enable the icon.library for example it will use the emulated newicon.library from Stephan Rupprecht, but a special version which I've recompiled for OS 3.0/3.1. The original will not work without OS 3.5+! Try the attached newicon.library. Something you should never do is to replace any of the Scalos iconobject related files with newer ones. Then nothing will work any longer.

Please ask Bloodwych for help, because he has written the configuration scripts. Maybe the mods can move your thread into http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=61
Attached Files
File Type: lha newicon.library.lha (2.5 KB, 149 views)

Last edited by PeterK; 21 July 2017 at 05:26.

Page generated in 0.05273 seconds with 12 queries