View Single Post
Old 14 July 2017, 10:20   #212
kolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by grond View Post
Well, you are discussing a Gold3-bringup video. Until now all Gold3-betas have no RTG functionality.
I had no idea.

Quote:
I know that you are bright enough to understand the point of the video
Wow, thank you

Quote:
It shows that despite the lack of an FPU the Vampire can run AGA+FPU demos (which, again, represents FPU-software in general).
Does it really? Various software use the FPU differently, and it's not as if all software that use FPU will use all the functionality of it. I cannot really think of any type of software that use _all_ functionality of an FPU, except test suits.

Quote:
It was pointed out before that a soft-FPU usually is quite slow and, also, that compatibility is a priority over speed for the soft-FPU at this time.
Yes, which makes perfect sense. I have also commented a few times - imagine that it is 10 times faster.

Quote:
So there is really no substance in your comment pointing out that some textures differ in different versions of the same demo.
Oh no, I am so sorry I pointed that out, oh my gosh. Again you insinuate that I did it only to discredit the Apollo core? That is a pretty nutty conclusion. but sadly also quite symptomatic for many those involved in the project - paranoia runs very high.

Quote:
Maybe do that yourself. The Apollo Team did not do any comparison, the comparing was done in this thread.
You know very well that I cannot do that, despite having all the hardware. I left your little garden, I was fed up with reading all the crap certain key members of the team were writing about other people.

Page generated in 0.05375 seconds with 9 queries