View Single Post
Old 29 June 2017, 16:26   #224
meynaf
68k wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashyMG View Post
@Meynaf, why do you care? just don't bother with it.
And why do YOU care ? Show the example, just don't bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grond View Post
I don't forget anything, your statement is just wrong. The core in the Vampire can saturate all available mem bandwidth. And there is no technical reason why a CPU would not be able to do so if a DMA controller running in the same chip can.
I remember Gunnar stating otherwise a long time ago.

But i'll follow your argument and then tell you there isn't any more bandwidth available for SMP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafSch View Post
@meynaf

Point me anywhere where compatible MMU was promised. I can remember several times that Gunnar stated the opposite. FPU is still on to-do-list but not top priority
MMU maybe not, he promised some "equivalent" functionnality years ago (whatever that means).
But the FPU is a sure thing, and this page still mentions it, which is plain wrong right now :
http://apollo-core.com/index.htm?page=features

Quote:
What you and others might interpret somewhere is not important
Yeah i know you don't care about what others have to say, you don't need to repeat it.

Quote:
Again WHDLoad is no MMU application. Claiming that would be misleading to average users. MMU is used for debugging with certain already mentioned tools and you would need it to run certain alternative OSs
Sorry, but Whdload IS an MMU application. The fact it's not mandatory changes nothing. It has the option to make use of the MMU, period. Read the docs if you don't believe it. I used it a lot on my B1230.

Page generated in 0.05488 seconds with 9 queries