View Single Post
Old 28 June 2017, 15:38   #62
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I take this thread was splitted from the Rygar thread. You guys remember all this discussion begun with Codetapper asking what cuts would you make to port Rygar to a Classic vanilla Amiga ?

I really don't see the point in having a perfect port of the game but needing lots of cpu+ram to make it work... I could just play it on emulator at this point.

IMO the real interesting challenge is to discuss how to make it work on 68k ECS chipset 1mb or 020 AGA chipset 2mb. What we had back at the time.

How would you make it work?

That's how Sandruzzo's Rygar was born.

You surely can't have a pixel perfect port, but I am pretty sure we could have a much better Ghouls 'n' Ghosts than what we had.

The Master System version for example... it takes some liberties with the game, but even if we ignore that, the base here is pretty good, the game was a lot fun to play... and I doubt the Amiga would have any trouble doing something like this, and probably without all the slowdowns:

[ Show youtube player ]

This game is incredibly playable, really fun to play, looks pretty good for a 8 bits console.... if this was the Amiga version of the game I would've played it a lot more than the oficial Amiga version we had.

Page generated in 0.04387 seconds with 11 queries