View Single Post
Old 25 June 2017, 08:34   #42
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
Ok, sounds fair.

And what about all those graphics card that are not implemented yet? (Domino, Merlin, RetinaZ2, RetinaZ3, ImpactVision24, etc)

AteoBUS emulation? (also OmniBus, Prometheus which has been open sourced, GoldenGate, Crosslink, etc)

Matze`s GBAPII++? (open source)

MNT VA2000? (open source)
VA2000 : Anything that is user programmable: never or at least until it is totally abandoned. I don't add emulation for something that can have "hardware" change suddenly.

GBAPII++ is "just" a "clone" of existing already emulated RTG board.

Main reason for single RTG board was to have RTG mode that works with all operating systems (including unix-based). Only reason there is so many choices: they all use same chip family.

Usual answer: SVGA chip emulations are very complex, I don't do those. It is someone else's problem. Obviously ET4000 does exists because it was very popular PC board but I am not that interested in adding it because it won't enable anything unique, it is "just" another RTG board with practically identical resolution and vram limitations. Only "better" one is Blizzard/CyberVision but Permedia2 chip isn't emulated. (or Voodoo3 but it isn't emulated either)

Prometheus is already supported. (PCI bridges are very simple from emulation point of view)

ISA bus extensions look useless (and probably also very easy to emulate). Always include use case! Minimally it must enable some unique software to run that does something interesting.

GoldenGate: not going to happen without specs (PC side is a blackbox that is invisible to Amiga side). Commodore bridgeboards were only possible because detailed specs was included in official manuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Ok, a more serious feature request now:

The last time I tried to compile WinUAE myself was already more than 11-12 years ago on my old Win98 system. At that time there were still some 68k instructions not emulated by the JIT directly, but instead there was a fallback into the non-JIT code. I did not read the WinUAE sources for long. Are all of these old JIT fallbacks into non-JIT code now replaced by direct JIT code? Every forced fallback might result in a massive slowdown during the code execution. One example were the very complex PC-relative addressing modes of the 68k code.
I don't know. I don't touch JIT.

Aranym and WinUAE/FS-UAE use now mostly same JIT so ask them (Frode did some merging and I think some merging is still missing)

Page generated in 0.05664 seconds with 11 queries