View Single Post
Old 22 June 2017, 12:04   #162
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_skroht View Post
I have heard that GOLD3 is supposed to bring massive compatibility improvements as well as an improved turtle mode. If that is the case then this is something I'm really looking forward to. But if it's rumoured to completely bypass the ECS chipset with no choice from the user then this is very concerning. It leaves us CRT users stuck on GOLD2 with no hope of any further improvements. And I seriously dont want to have to buy ANOTHER adapter to convert an HDMI signal back to SCART. Sheesh!!
SAGA and PAMELA works in parallel with the original ECS and PAULA so they should still run normally, at least that is how I understand it. In the videos they show HDMI video being identical to RGB video on separate screens so clearly they are working in parallel. Of course if you are running software which makes use of special SAGA features, then that will break the RGB output.

In any case, I don't see why one should make a big fuzz about stuff that hasn't even been released yet as things can change. If Gold3, by your usage pattern, breaks more stuff that it fixes, then you can always revert back to Gold 2 and just be happy with that. Many other projects like these rarely see any firmware updates despite promises, so what we have received so far is a big positive surprise to me. The Vampire board is a very different beast today than what it was when I first got it.

Page generated in 0.05602 seconds with 9 queries