View Single Post
Old 19 June 2017, 19:16   #32
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
What are those hardware informations you would need Toni for 68020 CE mode ?
I have mentioned those dozens of times. Internal 68020/EC020 cycle sequencer logic. This is not explained in documentation. (yes, there is some charts and stuff but it is mostly useless)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
A feature like "Remove interlace artifacts" for A2024 modes. Refresh the entire display every frame, using the last bitplane addresses etc. for the quadrants which aren't being refreshed that frame.
This is not easy. A2024 emulation works like real A2024, it only sees what appears in video port, it does not see original bitplanes or anything. Nice idea but implementation would be really annoying.

It would need to store all kinds of chipset data and have sort of simple secondary chipset emulation for A2024..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
But it's also getting slower and slower with every additional feature. Not that much, but step by step, a little bit slower.

How a about a "WinUAE lite" version, without any 040/060, PPC and expansion card support? Just to get the maximum performance back!
No. It was tried long time ago. No one can agree which makes it "lite".

Correct way is to find out why or how it got slower. Or buy a new PC, it surely offsets the slowdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanujan View Post
From my point of view USB would be the most welcome feature - as I could emulate HW better resembling my real configuration.
This (and Toaster) is something that interests me because it is about learning something about hardware but USB may require far too much USB knowledge (and it looks annoying..)

Quote:
One more thing - FS-UAE and WinUAE use different formats to store filesystem information. Would it be possbile to add .uaem support to WinUAE also? I find them very convenient, I can easily edit file attributes by using any host-os ASCII editor.
I don't like those at all. Emulator should not create any alien files or polluting native side and even old style uaefsb-files were annoying enough.

Page generated in 0.04421 seconds with 11 queries