View Single Post
Old 14 June 2017, 02:16   #109
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

He's actually working on Miky's Land much more than on this great development.

I also asked him about this problem I get: "It seems it doesn't save the path to the music, so everytime I reboot the miggy then it says "out of memory" when trying to play a mod".

I would preffer if he finished first this incredible games launcher so then he could focus on that incredible new game.

Edit: About what you ask, it is possible to be running WB and then if you want to run something from booting like for example a program like "PT1210" (or almost sure ScummVM too), you can just change the S-S with a script launcher and run whatever program before LoadWB (not after that). Then, after running that program and closing it, the S-S has already been changed to be the original one you had.

[ Show youtube player ]

For this kind of "whatever program booting" you only need a Startup-Sequence"XXX" (your name) replacement in S with the program to boot with just before LoadWB (you can disable LoadWB).

**ALWAYS Make first a backup of your Startup-Sequence**

The script launcher should be this kind:

Code:
IF EXISTS Sys:S/Startup-SequenceXXX
   Rename >NIL: Sys:S/Startup-Sequence Sys:S/Startup-SequenceYOURS QUIET
   Rename >NIL: Sys:S/Startup-SequenceXXX Sys:S/Startup-Sequence QUIET
EndIF
DiskChange >NIL: SYS:   ; This is just to be safe if you're using PFS3 on WinUAE and then the files don't get saved.
Wait 1  ; Why not?
Reboot
And the last lines of the Startup-SequenceXXX this kind:

Quote:
Rename >NIL: S:Startup-Sequence S:Startup-SequenceXXX QUIET
Rename >NIL: S:Startup-SequenceYOURS S:Startup-Sequence QUIET

CD Sys:Utilities/Your Program directory ; Well... wherever you've got the program
YourExecutableProgram
;more readme.txt

Reboot

EndCLI >NIL:
I prefer to boot to WB and then if you wish, clicking on a icon script reboot to the program you want to, than being always booting with a Bootloader/BootSelector annoying (my opinion) program. I'm not saying at all that those kind of bootloaders aren't useful in many cases, mostly with low-end miggys. In fact you're forced to be using them if you don't have ram enough and also they can be started pressing a key with some setups.

Last edited by Retrofan; 15 June 2017 at 00:47.

Page generated in 0.06284 seconds with 11 queries