View Single Post
Old 08 June 2017, 01:47   #118
matthey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa View Post
this is usual marketing template as used by amigakit usually. it always sounds the same, no matter who is quoted. it doesnt mean anything so far other than they have an agreement to sell the bundle of the core and the accelerator. matt, really, you fall for this?
The press release looks like typical thoughtless fanfare alright. These kinds of statements make it difficult to know where AmigaKit/A-Eon really stands which defeats the purpose of notifying the public.

Quote:
i trust gunnar decisions much more than the combined autorities aeon might put together. gunnar has designed 68k highend fpga core. aeon simply let design few motherboards around standard components by a professional company for a premium price. i see investments capacities. im not sure i see competence. and i fear i see conflict of interests in consequence of already made investments.
Gunnar has received a certain aura of competence due to his accomplishment but relying on this for trusting his decisions is a fallacy. Without checks or reviews by peers, he is prone to make mistakes and miss opportunities by himself. Abandoning team decision making and consensus is arrogant and unproductive.

Quote:
or maybe because it was too early and too unrealistic at that point? gunnar is still referring to asic as remote option. they would have to sell enough fpga boards though to cover the costs.
I don't think it was too early anymore than my ISA creation was too early. We would have been better off finding out the needs and wants of potential embedded customers sooner than later. We would have been better off finding out changes to the VHDL that would make creation and verification easier early rather than later. We would have been better off figuring out the financial situation earlier rather than later. If InnovASIC had partnered, we might already have been able to afford an ASIC although a few more investors would have reduced the outlays and risk. Gunnar failed to assess his resources and continued to hyper optimize his CPU design and ISA for an FPGA. He became as much of a loose end as the lack of an Amiga OS which was ready for a product. Uncertainty kills investment and there has been enough to kill most Amiga projects over the years. My foresight has been better than most Amiga people's hindsight but if it was perfect then I wouldn't have bothered wasting my time.

Quote:
as for implementation it is a matter of work and engagement. i let you wait till you are allowed to work on amigaos, while i can help with aros today.
The 68k and AmigaOS are running out of opportunities. I see the 68k and Amiga potential still and talent in the existing community but it is beyond me to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. I'm not sure if current attempts are even serious.

Page generated in 0.05766 seconds with 9 queries