View Single Post
Old 05 June 2017, 04:25   #29
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine9000 View Post
I think the selector might link directly to the FAT structures, rather than using the filenames etc.

So if you copy the files in a different order than the person that created the original selector, or any other factor that changes the way the files are laid out on the USB then the selector can fail.

If you image the whole stick, I can't see it causing problems.
That must be it, I thought the same too! Because I also think, if you change the disks around somehow, like modifying them in any way, the selector stops working. I would have to test this though.

I did not share an image of my USB though, ransom, you are confused. What I shared is the selector disk image. Different things.

I did it this way so people with differently sized USB sticks could still use it easily, or selectively copy stuff over without having to copy everything if they had a smaller stick. I would really like to stick to not using a disk image of the USB stick, but I am afraid if what alpine says is what is happening (and I have a feeling it is), there's no fixing it, because the firmware or Selector.adf aren't being worked on any more.

I wonder though, how the HxC firmware works in this regard, and how the disk image to select it uses is constructed. If it refers to filenames, then sharing would work perfectly.

Page generated in 0.04283 seconds with 11 queries