View Single Post
Old 05 June 2017, 02:17   #25
alpine9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus View Post
I think what alpine9000 meant was.

Don't start with a blank ready to use USB stick, copy a selektor adf that's already configured with adfs on another usb stick and then copy over completely different adfs. Like duplicating a USB stick and then overwriting the existing adfs with differently named one.

I ran into that issue myself and it was a pain, I needed to reset by holding both buttons (EDIT: and replacing selektor with a default blank config on the smaller usb). I had 2 USB sticks. One big, one small. For the big I wanted as much as I could fit on the cortex slots. The smaller was just going to hold Workbench and gvp utilities. So I formatted the smaller usb, copied all the adfs i needed then copied selektor from the larger already configured usb stick to the smaller one and I had problems. Was nervous for a bit but took all of 15 minutes to correct.
I think the selector might link directly to the FAT structures, rather than using the filenames etc.

So if you copy the files in a different order than the person that created the original selector, or any other factor that changes the way the files are laid out on the USB then the selector can fail.

If you image the whole stick, I can't see it causing problems.

Page generated in 0.04255 seconds with 11 queries