Thread: War?
View Single Post
Old 22 May 2017, 18:29   #24
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa View Post
exactly. nothing essential will come of this dragging the dead cadaver there and back for months and years yet to come. if you enjoy popcorn watching such a stop and go slow drama, then good for you. if you are in for some action, you must have already realized, this isnt place to get it.
Precisely. This is the sort of stuff some pundits in other Amiga forums have lived for, for many years now tragically enough, but thankfully not so much on EAB. Plenty of popcorn elsewhere for voyeurs of this slow, drawn out melodramatic rubbish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korodny View Post
Because Cloanto bought the rights from AInc. after AInc made a deal with Hyperion. AInc's deal with Cloanto can not retroactively invalidate older contracts with other parties - these contracts, like the AInc-Hyperion settlement, are still valid and the parties who signed them are still bound by the terms defined within.
That is obvious - no explanation is needed for this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korodny View Post
Depending on the exact deal between AInc and Cloanto, AInc might very well have to ask Cloanto before giving Hyperion a thumbs up/down on transfering their license - but we don't know that, because we don't know the details of the AInc-Cloanto contract.
This is the part that I found "interesting".....and perplexing, to say the least, if I'm being completely honest. If Cloanto submitted to such conditions from AInc. just to get the sale done instead of negotiating better terms (even if it meant paying more money), then this just casts further doubt for mine over Cloanto being a professional and reputable company to do business with. Maybe Cloanto really did just get plain lucky with PPaint, and really are nothing but an Amiga one-hit wonder after all.

Page generated in 0.05227 seconds with 9 queries