View Single Post
Old 19 May 2017, 16:10   #10
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooverphonique View Post
I suppose you ran into some sort keyboard problem during your live performance yesterday?
You bet! Not the first time, you can look at it at the video, I even give the Amiga the bird
At least that was a relaxed live stream at home, but this has happened while I am performing somewhere.

I had not opened the machine for years. Everything was working fine. THEN SUDDENTLY the spacebar decided to stop working. So it ISN'T just from fiddling wit the connector or opening and closing the machine much. These things just die.

But as I said, this happens almost every time I want to use a 600, even if i had not opened it, some key or other would have died and then I have to mess with it.

I understand now what you guys did regarding the connector and membrane. That makes sense. But this happens even if you don't open the machines much. I am not one of those guys who pulled the connector without unlatching it or something like that, and nowadays, most of the times I have to open a machine, is because this connector isn't freaking working! I'm not constantly messing about with what's inside my 600s, I even try not to open them at all to update or backup the internal CFs unless completely necessary. So it's not like I wear them too much, this membrane is just terrible.

My A1200 has been opened and closed a million times more than any of my A600s yet the connector has NEVER given any problems. So there is some quality problem with these membranes.

I just find it very stupid to have made the A600 the host for something as important as the Vampire yet people who own them have to deal with shitty keyboards, and nobody thinking "hey, let's try to fix this". Accelerators, mouse adapters, even cosmetics like case and keys have been made true, but not this!

Page generated in 0.05212 seconds with 11 queries