View Single Post
Old 10 August 2003, 13:55   #10
Send a message via ICQ to Unknown_K
Originally posted by Frootloop
I could no longer resist buying a PeeCee when the 3DFX Voodoo graphics cards came out. I bought a RealVision Flash3D as soon as it was available and had a lot of fun playing GLQuake and QuakeWorld (multi-player). 3D graphics were really exciting at the time but now most modern 3D games don't hold much interest for me. I will however be upgrading my box for Half Life 2 and Doom 3!

I've been tempted to wait for the AmigaOne but then I realized that apart from OS4.0 it'd feel more like a downgrade than an upgrade. There will be no cool games like HL2, and what games the AmigaOne does get will be old PC ports.
I mailordered the very first 3dfx voodoo 1 board that came out (Orchid Righteous 3d) before it was available in any stores. The first real game that was supported was Tomb Raider (needed a patch). It was very different and really turned me onto 3d gaming at the time (along with quake 1). I sold that card after I purchased a voodoo2 but got another one for my p200 dos box this year ($5 why not).
Page generated in 0.05317 seconds with 9 queries