View Single Post
Old 09 August 2003, 15:53   #8
My elbow tastes of icky

Yeah, I've heard it's a lot more difficult to write an emu for the Amiga. I wouldn't have a clue where to start writing an emu for any platform which is why I don't like bashing WinUAE considering all the blood, sweat and tears that have gone into making it.

That said, I do agree with Kodoichi about the interface. I run it on a P4 2.0 GHz with 512mb RAM and it's still very unresponsive and clunky. I expect the games to be slow if accurately emulated because that's how they'd be on the real thing, but I'm talking about actually using the GUI. I thought the new mini WinUAE would make a difference but it doesn't seem to have at all. It's also far from intuitive like the very straightforward Winfellow.

One of the things I loved about my Amiga 500/600 was that I could bung a disk in the drive and most of the time it would run the game without any hassle. Sometimes I would get errors, but I think that was mostly a result of duff floppies or maybe problems caused by cracking the games. That's what I'm looking to recreate. It would make a really refreshing change from all this modern day patching and whatnot you have with Windows games.

I like the sound of that idea, RCK. I'd love to see something like that setup.
Page generated in 0.05289 seconds with 9 queries