View Single Post
Old 11 May 2017, 15:56   #1
spacedmonkeys

Help creating large hardfile for WinUAE

OK I am tearing my hair out here.
I'm running WinUAE succesfully, with a ClassicWBFull from the default 500mb "system.hdf"
What I want to do is, in anticipation of getting an 8gb CF card, create an 8gb hardfile, install ClassicWBFull on it, and copy across all the WHDLoad files so I can "practise" how my Amiga 1200 will be set up with the 8gb card.

I have found loads..LOADS..of tutorials telling me how to install on to an 8gb CF card, partitioning it, etc etc which is great... for when it arrives...

But I am having no luck creating the 8gb hardfile. I can create a small one (500mb)which is seen fine by the Amiga under WinUAE... however any bigger than that and nothing appears...I've tried 4gb,8gb, all sorts....WinUAE seems to create the hardfile ok... but there is no way Workbench picks it up..

I've copied a custom 1200scsi.device to dev\scsi.device like it says in one tutorial... but still nothing

Can someone tell me simply how to create an 8gb hardfile, have it recognised by my emulated Amiga1200 inside WinUAE, ready for cloning it on to my CF card when it arrives?
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.05807 seconds with 10 queries