View Single Post
Old 09 May 2017, 12:54   #17
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf Barthel View Post
As long as the remainder of the update works well... It all goes to show that I lack the support of testers who can verify that the update does what it's intended to, before the update is deployed. Some things you just can't do all by yourself, given the complexity of the product.
If you want I'd happily help out here? I've taken to backing up my OS partition before installing anything anyway - as you say, it can be painful otherwise!

Quote:
Coming from a Linux background, that's probably to be expected I suppose we can all consider ourselves lucky that Roadshow is IPv4 only. Things would be even harder with fully baked IPv6 support.
Yes, I've fought that fight a few times. IPv6 is not fully sinking in yet to be honest, I assume I'll get there at some point. Likely when I really have to because I've no option to avoid it.

Quote:
You can blame only me for not testing the "-t" (timeout) "and "-o" (onereply) features on my Amiga 3000UX on which MuForce would have reported the problem immediately
Hindsight is always there, I've just spent a morning unpicking a mistake I made. The mistake took under ten seconds, the fix was near two hours The joys of software development

Page generated in 0.04602 seconds with 11 queries