View Single Post
Old 28 April 2017, 00:39   #1
LyteWing

WinUAE 3.4 Setup

Hey everyone!

I am a fan of retro and vintage computing and am looking into the Amiga systems now. I was alwayus curious about them growing up but never had one (still don't, but would love to get my hands on one one day). As such, that leaves me looking at emulation to quench my thirst and a bit of Google-fu tells me that WinUAE is the best emulator to achieve my goals.

Now I am not new to emulation and understand that ROMs are needed and such and I have found them and have the emulator asking for a boot disk. Now I have found some guides that detail setting up WinUAE, but none of them I found are for the latest 3.4 releases (except one on Youtube that was little use to me since I do not speak German). There are some nice step by step guides out there for the older versions but they are just different enough to give me reason to wonder if I am making the wrong choices since them mention settings that no longer appear as far as I can see and the new version having options that do not appear in the guides.

Does anyone know of a good and current setup guide that will help me get up to speed on the Amiga since I am not super familiar with either the emulator or the computer platform itself?

Thanks in advance for any info!
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.04805 seconds with 9 queries