View Single Post
Old 22 April 2017, 21:04   #102
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelz View Post
The code leak of 2014/2015 was just partially as far as I know. Probably enough to build on, but not the full 'precisely as it was'. I don't know for sure, but I heard the rumours.

On the other hand, we also want the right to be able to look at it and distribute it. This is something that is quite impossible right now since there are several parties that have a hand in that.

On this moment I'm talking to Mike of Cloanto and am trying to start finding the right persons to talk to and Haage and Partners. I hope this could end up in releasing all the code up to version 3.9.

After that, Hyperion would be the most logical candidate, but they still have the biggest commercial interest on this moment I guess.
Good job. Keep it rolling.

The sourcecode leak contains the full code to build AmigaOS/Workbench v40.42, and then there is some work started for a future version. The leaked sources are an image from when CBM went bankrupt (1994).
That said, SetPatch is not included, but it is probably because of its nature (being a patch intended to fix the bugs that developers made when they already had the kickstart roms sent to production in a rush, and could not change them due to release schedules and/or budget).

There is a lot of work that has been done by former CBM, Escom, Amiga Inc developers that have fixed bugs and enhanced quite some more the OS, and that it is not included and was done post bankrupcy. That code is probably only in the hands of Olaf Barthel, Thomas Richter, Heinz Wrobel and a few others.

Page generated in 0.12773 seconds with 9 queries