View Single Post
Old 22 April 2017, 08:52   #87
michaelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
I'm sure AmigaForever is a great package, but what does it offer someone who can set up their own WinUAE image and has dozens of them already?

This is twofold I think, Mike said the following; 'Since we are developers first, and not lawyers, do you think this could be an opportunity to do a small beta test run, to also collect some technical feedback? Is that something you could/would like to curate with this group you are talking about, limited to those who already participated in the thread? If you would like to tell me how many have a Windows system and would like to give our latest work a try, I would be happy share some links and licenses. My "evil" motivation here is to show that we also do development work, and of course to see what the opinion is on technical merits.'.

We as a community are on this moment only interested in the source. If I read correctly between the lines; He is looking for something more then that, involvement. I think it is an fair trade, some commitment to his commercial purpose, in exchange for a step further in the talks. He is clearly motivated to make sure Amiga lives on and does want the community to be part of this preservation. I think we need to show some commitment and build some credibility towards him.

Page generated in 0.04792 seconds with 9 queries