View Single Post
Old 12 April 2017, 17:59   #60
PortuguesePilot
The Son of Luso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I still think you are a bit misguided. Everyone doing here what they do also do it for pleasure and passion. And those who don't do anything, even if they have skills to do so, also have good reasons not to. We can't question people and why they do or do not certain things. I don't think people need to be hit with a cattle-prod into doing things. The only way things will come out in the best possible way is if people want to make them. You can't force them.
Not force them. I can't do that even if I wanted to (and I don't). "Inspire them" is the right phrase. That's what I was attempting. I've seen it done elsewhere, that's why I know it's possible. If we have the means, why not apply them? Is this sort of pro-action and positive "can do" thinking a sort of "misguidedness" as you call it? Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
This is what I find from other scenes that you want to compare to: I feel like in them, most of the people involved have those platforms as their sole interest as a hobby in life. While I see the Amiga community as a more diverse one. The Amiga is a platform that from the very beginning nurtured CREATIVITY, and a lot of people that were into it came out graphicians, musicians, creators of many kinds, and perhaps nowadays have a myriad of options where to express their creativity, while other platforms, more restrictive in regards of how much "real world application" their computer activities had, are more limited to and by the platform itself. So a lot of Amiga users have varied hobbies they probably got started with an Amiga but trascended the platform and there's no real need to actually go back to it in any way, at least not exclusively.
It doesn't have to be exclusively. I understand all of your points but still see no reason for the re-emergence of the Amiga productivity not to happen. I feel that I'm being misunderstood. Maybe I'm not expressing myself as well as I should... Maybe I should reflect more before actually speaking out. I have thought this all out before, but my way of putting it forward doesn't seem to be reaching the right minds (or, at least, the right mindsets). That's probably my fault. I'll refrain from doing it any further until I find a better way to reach my fellow amigans the right way.

Page generated in 0.05233 seconds with 9 queries