View Single Post
Old 08 April 2017, 07:07   #9
ReL0aDed

Hi; sorry for late reply.

I've done some testing now, and this is how it all went:

It works; to some extend. What I mean by that, is that configuring the GamePorts to "none" and rather map all the keys in the Input section, it finally made all the assigned buttons work with both a single- and two controllers connected. Even the special assigned keys for d-pad up/jump (button 1) and F7 (button 4) in Blues Brothers works with either one or both controllers connected now.

There's a catch, however. For the player 1 in any Amiga game (as I know of), the buttons assigned for that player has to be the Joy2-keys. Thereby player 1 has the Joy2-keys, while player 2 (the secondary Xbox One gamepad in the input menu) has to have the inputs of the Joy1-keys.

The first connected Xbox One gamepad then gets player 1 in-game, and the secondary connected Xbox One gamepad gets the player 2 key-commands. It all works fine and all as long as two controllers are connected, but when you close WinUAE and disconnect the secondary controller, and start the game once more, the first (and only connected) Xbox One controller gets the button mapping from the secondary controller all of a sudden.

It seems like it works like this:

After mapping a game with two controllers connected;

Xbox One gamepad [1] = Joy 2-keys
Xbox One gamepad [2] = Joy 1-keys

Closing the emulator, and disconnecting the secondary controller. Launching the game config via WinUAE, thereby starting the game again;

Xbox One gamepad = Joy 1-keys

Ok; I would try to fix this by remapping the Xbox One gamepad to the Joy 2-keys again, and see what happens;

Xbox One gamepad = Joy 2-keys

I'll start the emulator once more, but now with two controllers connected;

Xbox One gamepad [2] = unmapped, I also have to enable the gamepad

Fine, I'll remap everything again, so it looks like this;

Xbox One gamepad [2] = Joy 1-keys

Seems fine, now exit the emulator and disconnect the secondary controller, and see what happens;

Xbox One gamepad = Joy 1-keys

This is what happened. My workaround as of now is to assign the Joy 2-keys to the secondary controller, and the Joy 1-keys to the first one. Thereby I play as player 1 with the first connected gamepad if it's the only powered on gamepad, and I play as player 2 with the first connected gamepad if both gamepads are connected.

The game I tested was Blues Brothers this time too, the newest configuration file is attached to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: uae Blues Brothers.uae (18.5 KB, 16 views)

Page generated in 0.05741 seconds with 10 queries