View Single Post
Old 06 April 2017, 16:09   #1
Richard Downer

ACT Apollo 1260: crash-reboot loop when memory added

Hi all,

I'm trying out WinUAE emulating an ACT Apollo 1260. I have this board in a real A1200 and I'd like to replicate the config inside WinUAE.

I've ripped the expansion ROM for the Apollo using my A1200, configured the ACT Apollo 1240/1260 option in WinUAE, and given it the ripped ROM file. This appears to work: boot time is longer while it's presumably scanning the SCSI bus; the board appears in the boot time menu and ShowConfig output, and the Apollo "cpu60" utility detects it.

However when I set the "Accelerator memory" option to anything other than zero, it all goes wrong. The computer is in a reboot loop with a flashing power LED - I'm assuming there's a guru-causing crash early in the boot process, causing the flashing power LED a few times, then a reboot, but the crash happens again before the guru is displayed, over and over. (To be clear, it is not booting any drives.)

I've attached the WinUAE log files; hopefully useful but please let me know if there's any useful information I can provide.

Cheers
Richard.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WinUAE_logs_Apollo_1260.zip (9.5 KB, 9 views)
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.05329 seconds with 10 queries